Our specific objectives are to:
- Increase the profile of foot and ankle biomechanics research within academic, clinical and industry communities
- Promote the value of foot and ankle biomechanics research to research users (industry and clinical communities)
- Develop a co-ordinated approach to addressing the challenges which experimental and computational biomechanics of the foot and ankle pose
- Enable better co-ordination of multidisciplinary research
- Enable more effective co-ordination of foot and ankle biomechanics research between groups in different countries
How do we do this?
We run a biannual i-FAB congress that is organised to facilitate making connections between different sectors, or increase the profile of foot biomechanics in a new territory. We also try to connect disciplines that traditionally might not have a strong biomechanics component.
We also routinely host and Chair sessions at major international conferences including the Footwear Biomechanics Group, International Society of Biomechanics, World Council of Biomechanics, EFAS, and others too.
This is an open community – if you have an idea for a new initiative that can further our aims please contact us via email